He Has WINGS
Andre Johnson of the Houston Texans is scoring some serious points - for kids!
In what has become an annual tradition, the big-hearted NFL player treated a group of underprivileged kids to a Toys "R" Us holiday shopping spree!
DIY: Free Social Skills
With Our Differences We Can Fly!
At WINGS we think it's really important for our kids to recognize that people celebrate the holidays in a variety of different ways...
Let us introduce you to GoldieBlox- a toy that encourages girls to take an interest in the typically boy associated play activity of building! Engineer Debbie Sterling created this toy with the goal of better diversifying her field, which is currently 89% male dominated. We applaud her drive and out of the "blox" thinking!
How the Holidays Spark Empathy
DIY for Adults!
As the holidays approach, it's time to let your empathy shine! Here are some helpful tips to avoid holiday stressers for ourselves and others!
Kurell is a third grader in the Falcon’s Nest at S.L. Lewis Elementary in Atlanta, and this is his first year with WINGS! He says that when he grows up he wants to be a police officer so that he can save people. We think he's off to a great start in saving himself from making bad decisions!
Courtney Hambrick, 21
"WINGS has made an impact on my child rearing techniques and changed my overall outlook on how to teach and interact with kids. I've even used WINGS and SEL techniques and curriculum with my nephew which has made a difference, and benefitted him greatly."
- Arby's Foundation + Share Our Strength
- Saul Alexander Foundation
- Singing for Change Foundation
- Grace Episcopal Church
- Circular Congregation
- Stranahan Foundation
Partners & Publicity
- CEO Bridget Laird’s interview with ETV’s SC Business Review aired on NPR!
- GuideStar awarded us with their GuideStar Exchange Seal, signifying a commitment to transparency
- WINGS was invited to The Giving Party in Mt. Pleasant and graciously walked away with over $12,000 gifted by women in the community
Rapport - a fine woman's clothier on King Street - selected WINGS as a beneficiary of their holiday coat drive
- Dixon Hughes Goodman raised over $1,200 for WINGS and gifted ukuleles, Leapfrog TAG Readers and more!
- WINGS Board member and friends hosted a breakfast for us and collected over 60 toys and games for our kids!