She Has WINGS
After seeing a story on her local news that weighed on her, Atlanta, GA resident Vanessa Peebles could have just shrugged it off and gone on with her life, but instead she flew into action.
Free Social Skills!
Go for the GOAL!
Kids (and often adults) want instant gratification, and it's important to realize that sometimes it takes a series of small actions to lead to a big result!
We love the lengths that NAB goes to in their commercial to recognize and reward honest people. While good deeds and honesty may not always result in this level of appreciation, they're always the right thing to do.
Character > Cognition
New book explores what makes children successful
We're always happy to see the mounting research backing our movement, and WINGS cannot get enough of Paul Tough's new book How Children Succeed: Grit, Curiosity, and the Hidden Power of Character.
Joshua is a kindergartner in the Robin's Nest at Heritage Elementary School, one of our new Atlanta programs!
"I have become more patient and open to everyone in my life. I've grown to understand that everyone has flaws and it is not our place to judge them, but to find ways to embrace and respect everyone."
- The William Bingham Foundation
- The TJX Foundation
Partners & Publicity
- A story on WINGS' debut in Atlanta was featured on Atlanta's NPR station, PBA 30/WABE. Listen to the byte here.
- The Associated Press wrote a WINGS feature that hit the wire and was picked up across the U.S., including San Francisco and Atlanta.
- REV (Revolutionary Eating Ventures) that owns several hot eateries around Charleston picked WINGS as the beneficiary of their Neighbor to Neighbor week. 5% of sales from five of their restaurants goes directly to WINGS! Eat out 9/19 - 9/26 and click here for more info.
- WINGS was featured in Paul Bloom's new book Scaling Your Social Venture. Bloom highlights us for our Theory of Change, citing that creating a Theory of Change is in fact the essential first step to delivering impact.