Here We Grow Again!
Lookout, Lake City, SC
We can’t keep our mouths shut any longer: WINGS is growing to rural Lake City, S.C. and making a home in Main Street Elementary School.
DIY: Free Social Skills Soar in School
The start of school can be a tough time. Kids go from swimming, staying up late, and playing outside all day to sitting in a desk all day. As the school year approaches, here are three tips to make sure kids soar through the school year!
We love actor Ashton Kutcher’s speech from this year's Teen Choice Awards!
"Build a life, don't just live one, build one."
He Has WINGS
82-year-old Anthony Cymerys is a self-taught barber who has an exclusive clientele. Every Wednesday, he sets up shop in Hartford's Bushnell Park and gives haircuts to Connecticut's homeless. The fee for his services is the same for everyone: a hug.
Antonio began first grade this week at Chicora School of Communications, and is kicking off his second year with WINGS. When he grows up, he says that he wants to be a football player!
Keyasia Gathers, 23
"Keyasia has such a vibrant heart and driven energy. She is going to do great things with WINGS, and Lake City is blessed to have her!"
- 21st Century Community Learning Center Grants
- Bennett Thrasher Foundation
Partners & Publicity
- Our sweet partners at Cupcake downsouth held a Back-to-School Drive to benefit WINGS kids!
- Thanks to Jack Alterman of Alterman Studios for gifting lovely head shots of our CEO, soon to be seen on our website!
- Moe's Southwest Grill gifted us a fiesta providing lunch for 120+ WINGSLeaders at training. This marks the 5th year of generosity from our friends at Moe's. Thank you!
The Kickin’ Chicken, Jim ‘n Nicks, and Hubee D’s also generously helped us out with discounted camp lunches this year!
Poe's Tavern is giving a portion of the proceeds to WINGS on Oct. 16th, and Dec. 12th as part of REV's Neighbor to Neighbor Campaign!