- Yale and UVA research shows how WINGS develops attachment to school and improves
- Edutopia, the multimedia publication created by George Lucas to feature innovative solutions and resources that contribute to better education named WINGS a "School that Works."
- Charleston Magazine and the Coastal Community Foundation named WINGS an outstanding nonprofit organization for “exceptional efforts” to serve the community.
- The pre-eminent journal in the field, New Directions in Youth Development, spotlighted the WINGS program.
- Scholastic magazine, Profiled WINGS as one of three “outstanding centers” worth emulating for best practices.
- Markets for Good, an e-book initiative from the Gates Foundation, featured WINGS' commitment to outcomes in Daily Dose: How Continuous Flows of Data Can Sharpen Your Work
- Leap of Reason: Managing Outcomes in an Era of Scarcity, Scaling Your Social Venture, and Working Hard and Working Well highlights WINGS' dedication and discipline to tracking and measuring outcomes
- AmeriCorps and the Corporation for National & Community Service named WINGS one of the "most innovative AmeriCorps funded programs in the United States"
- The Alliance for Strong Families & Communities honored WINGS with a 2014 Alliance Commitments Award for "Executing on Mission." This inaugural award recognizes our laser-focus on delivering real impact.
AWARDS AND ACCOLADES
WINGS has been recognized as a “best practice” by education organizations including:
- The Academy for Educational Development, Washington, D.C.
- The National Institute of Out-of-School Time at Wellesley College, Wellesley, MA.
- The National Association of Elementary School Principals, Alexandria, VA.
- The Character Education Partnership, Washington, D.C.
In addition, we have also been recognized for exceptional business practices:
- The South Carolina Association of Nonprofit Organizations gave WINGS its highest award for “excellence” in nonprofit
- In 2011, WINGS won the Social Impact Exchange Business Plan Competition
- Charity Navigator delivered their highest rating, four stars, to WINGS. A 4-star is defined as "Exceptional: Exceeds industry standards and outperforms most charities in its cause." As of April 2015, WINGS is in our 5th year in a row of receiving a 4-star rating - an accolade only 4% of charities can claim!
- GuideStar awarded us with their Gold-level GuideStar Exchange, recognizing our commitment to transparency.
- Great Nonprofits gave us a spot on their 2012 Top-Rated Nonprofits List