WINGS WEAVES COMPREHENSIVE SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL EDUCATION INTO A FRESH & FUN PROGRAM
Our Vision >>>
The vision of WINGS is that all kids will develop social and emotional skills so they can be successful in life. Our mission is to teach these skills – how to behave well, make good decisions and build healthy relationships - to elementary school age kids. We do this by weaving a comprehensive social and emotional learning curriculum into a fresh and fun after school program. Kids get the life lessons they need to succeed and be happy and they get a safe place to call home after school.
HOW WINGS GOT OFF THE GROUND >>>
Founder Ginny Deerin decided to dedicate her life to giving at-risk kids social and emotional skills because at 40 years old, she could have used WINGS.
FACTS ON THE FLY >>>
- Born in 1996 and has served over 3,400 kids
- Currently serve 600+ kids every single day
- Operate programs at four Charleston County Elementary Schools in North Charleston, SC
- Operate programs at two Fulton County Elementary Schools in Atlanta, GA
- More than 75 AmeriCorps members enrolled in college serve as WINGSLeaders
- Only U.S. organization focused solely on social and emotional learning after school