Resources for Parents
Being a parent is really, really hard work. And we all want our kids to thrive. Our goal at WINGS is to help kids become the most well-rounded individuals they can be. That’s why we’ve put together a few resources you can use at home.
Our Ready, Set, Soar social emotional learning kit was designed especially for caregivers, educators, youth development leaders, and others who want to incorporate social emotional learning into kids’ daily lives. (Psst! It works on adults, too!)
- Emotionally Intelligent Parenting: How to Raise a Self-Disciplined, Responsible, Socially Skilled Child by Elias, Tobias, & Friedlander is an easy read and shows how to improve children’s SEL skills.
- How Children Succeed:Grit, Curiosity, and the Hidden Power of Character by Paul Tough explores why some children succeed in life while others do not.
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol S. Dweck, Ph.D. reveals how great parents, teachers, managers, and athletes can put this idea to use to foster outstanding accomplishment.
- Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst
- No David! by David Shannon