Lend a helping hand as a volunteer!
WINGS is happy and honored to welcome a variety of individual volunteers to support our programs: high school students, retirees, local business people, and all other members of the community looking to get involved with a local organization.
Volunteering at WINGS
We welcome program volunteers to help in the following areas:
- Assist with Academic Center | Provide homework help, play STEM-related games, or support kids that need more individualized attention
- Become a WINGS Companion | Mentor a child on a consistent basis by helping to reinforce social emotional lessons and act as a positive role model
- Provide Spanish translation
Volunteers support our program Monday through Friday between 3:00-6:00 PM. You can sign-up to volunteer at a frequency that works for you – one time, once a week, or once a month. No experience or special skills required beyond a big, open heart to share with our amazing kids!
We want you! But first…
- Volunteer applications are accepted October 1 – April 1 and the last day to volunteer is April 30th
- We do not offer any weekend or summer volunteer opportunities
- A criminal background check is required prior to volunteer service.
Additional information regarding background check requirements and procedures will be sent at a later time in the onboarding process.
- You must be at least 15 years-old and all volunteers under 18 years-old will be required to provide a letter of recommendation from someone other than a parent
If you are part of a group interested in volunteering click here
*Unfortunately, due to COVID-19, we are NOT accepting volunteer groups at this time.