Virtual Programming for Schools & Families
Like most, we spent the summer reimagining and plotting what the school year would look like and quickly recognized the urgent social emotional needs our schools, classrooms, students, and households are experiencing during this new normal. Through WINGS-Led Virtual Activities for teachers/classrooms and WINGS-Led Virtual Student & Parent Support for families, we are able to reach our students in new, needed ways.
This year, WINGS is offering completely flexible and customizable virtual activities to assist teachers and classrooms while promoting student SEL development.
OUR GOAL IS TO:
- Provide “brain breaks” for teachers and students
- Free up blocks of teacher’s time for planning, grading, and instruction
- Serve as a connection between school and home – saving teachers time and energy
- Infuse virtual classrooms with FUN social emotional learning lessons
WINGS-Led Virtual Activities
- BRAIN BREAKS
- PURPOSE: Gives teachers time away from leading class; breaks up online learning for students
- CORE: Icebreakers and activities to get kids moving; woven-in SEL lessons on focus, identifying strengths, and listening to others
- FUN: Scavenger hunts, karaoke competitions, one-on-one conversations, etc.
- CLASS PARTIES
- PURPOSE: Gives teachers a planning period; provides students with an incentive for positive behavior and/or attendance
- CORE: Themes and games; woven-in SEL lessons on relationship building, coping with emotions, decision-making, and learning more about others
- FUN: Raffle prizes, exposure to new activities, exciting challenges
- AFTER SCHOOL CLUBS
- PURPOSE: Gives teachers peace of mind; provides students with academic support, enrichment activities, and social time with peers
- CORE: Extracurricular activities like yoga, art, STEM; woven-in SEL lessons on growth mindset, grit, and learning about others
- FUN: Try new things, express themselves, social time
The uncertainty of this school year is OVERWHELMING for parents. And, being unable to attend school in-person can mean CHAOS at home – especially for our students.
OUR GOAL IS TO:
- Make back-to-school better for students, families, and households
WINGS-Led Virtual Student & Parent Support
- ACADEMIC ASSISTANCE
- One-on-one homework help
- Small-group tutoring, including reading and math skill-building
- Help organizing assignments and managing time
- PEP TALKS & PEER CONNECTIONS
- Check-ins to encourage students
- Real-talks to gauge anxieties and emotions
- Afterschool Clubs to socialize, connect, and play
- FAMILY RESOURCES
- Identifying and locating urgent needs
- One-on-one connections to resources
- Planned family fun through WINGS-hosted events
We know this year will be challenging. 💪
We’re another set of hands with big hearts who are ready to help. 💙
Please Note: Virtual Programming is currently being offered to existing WINGS sites only.